For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a militant medical organization committed to international solidarity, has taken care of the most vulnerable populations in France and abroad. He continued to highlight the barriers that exist in access to health care and achieved lasting improvements in health-for-all policies.
The actors of this independent organization do not only provide care and care but denounce attacks on dignity and human rights and fight to improve the situation of populations in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries on all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, risk reduction, migrants and displaced populations (right to health), health and environment.
MdM’s strategy in Palestine is based on two pillars (preparedness and response to emergencies and sexual and reproductive health and rights) and two cross-cutting themes (SMSPS and gender). The MHPSS response in the West Bank focuses on providing MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to the occupation, building the capacity of local partners and integrating MHPSS into health centers primary health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the medical coordinator, you are responsible for designing, planning, adapting and monitoring mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities, while ensuring their overall quality and relevance. You also supervise and coach the MHPSS teams.
You have a functional link with the SMSPS managers and field coordinators, while also working in collaboration with the advocacy coordinator, program managers and monitoring and evaluation officers.
Your main responsibilities are:
Implementation and monitoring
- Provide teams with technical support in the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of MHPSS activities
- Design, develop and revise training manuals as well as training and supervision tools in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Monitor performance indicators, report difficulties and delays, propose adjustments if necessary
- Ensure availability of sources of verification, data collection and reporting systems, develop and implement evaluation and reporting systems, oversee and monitor data collection processes, analyze medical data and implement corrective action if necessary
- Facilitate the integration of the different components of the program
- Review internal reports from program teams and contribute to monthly reports in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Contribute to the writing of proposals and reports for donors
- Participate in grant opening meetings, program review meetings as well as closing and evaluation meetings
- Participate in health-MSPSS needs assessments, including the drafting of needs assessment reports, participate in the development of the subsequent operational strategy
Supervision and technical assistance
- Keep abreast of relevant international and national guidelines on MHPSS and ensure they are understood and adhered to by teams
- Ensure the overall management of MHPSS staff (job descriptions, recruitments, supervision and technical advice, identification of training needs, mentoring and capacity building, performance evaluations, etc.)
Logistical and administrative support
- Contribute to the analysis of offers made by suppliers for purchases of the MHPSS program on request
- Participate in financial forecasts of MHPSS activities upon request
- Represent MdM and ensure the maintenance of good relations with stakeholders, including local and national authorities as well as other NGOs
- Attend coordination meetings on relevant MHPSS issues or any external meeting as requested.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 2,940 euros
- Bonus equal to one month’s salary paid in two instalments – minimum 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% of gross salary per month)
- Transport costs, vaccines and visas covered
- Accommodation in bed and breakfast
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Repatriation insurance…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible for teleworking: 110 days/year (minimum 1 day per week on site)
- Given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes training and internal mobility.
- Single display
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Psychiatrist or psychologist with additional training relevant to MHPSS humanitarian programs
- Training and experience in project cycle management
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position in humanitarian programs
- Experience in remote management and post-emergency contexts
- Meaning of training
- Autonomy, initiative
- Stress resistance
- Analytical skills
- Sense of organization, sense of priorities, sense of rigor
- Communication, listening, diplomacy
- Participation / contribution to a team
- Using the Office 365 package
- Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. Arabic an asset.
- You adhere to the fundamental values and support the proactive philosophy of Doctors of the World.
APPLICATIONS BY TELEPHONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacant position before the deadline for submitting applications. MdM defends the integration of people with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to register
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JaSILLYJ?idpartenaire=128